Sunday, August 12, 2018


                      Doing The Right Thing or Doing Things Right

I want to give you options. Which do you prefer,"Doing the right thing or Doing things right"? This may be hard for you and you may also think that these are just the same. Which do you think is right?Have you ever wonder if you are doing the right thing or you are doing things right?Are you aware that there is a big difference between these two in terms of our daily lives?

To better understand these two, I will give you an example. In the morning my mother goes to her work. But,before leaving she gives me a task. I need to cook for our lunch so that when she arrives at home, we can eat our lunch together on time. I know how to cook.My mother taught me. But suddenly, when I go to the kitchen I saw the last Night's dishes still unwashed so I decided to wash those dishes.After that, I went to bathroom and found out that it smells bad and looks dirty,so I cleaned it.I am on the mood to do household chores and also,I think I will impress my mother before she returns from work. I checked the time,it is already lunch time.My mother arrived and asked me if our lunch is already prepared.Sadly, I forgot her task and she got mad on me because we don't have any food to eat. Now I cleaned the house I am doing things right But the problem is I forgot to do what is right and that is my mother instruction.

In my example, I think doing the household chores is like doing the right thing. However, sometimes we think that we are doing the right thing but the truth is we are doing things that is unrelated to what had been given to us. That is the common mistake and conception.

I believe, that doing the right thing is more important than doing things right. The right thing is the given task to you a specific command and the main instructions. Doing things right is not efficient because you are doing such a lot of things that is not related to your goal and even though you do a lot of things but not make you help towards your achievments in the end you are just wasting your time.

Doing the right thing and doing things right may be confusing. But these two should be cleared for us to decide what is best of us.I am hoping that I have somehow cleared your confusion. Now I will ask you again, from these two options, are you doing things right or are you doing the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment